Gå til innhold

Baby stuff you miss from your home countries?

Anonym bruker

Anbefalte innlegg

Hello everyone.

Is there any type of non food baby product you have missed while having your little ones here in Norway? Eg. equipment, blankets, clothes etc.

I missed lots of things from the UK and got tired of waiting for someone to come over before I could get anything!

Am considering setting up a site for clever and practical 'must have' imports. Any suggestions welcome, whether it's from your home country or something you have read about but can't get for some reason.

Thanks

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Fortsetter under...

I don't know since this is the first time being pregnant for me. But what I do know is that babies don't need a lot of STUFF. What I mean is, that there are certain basic things that are necessarily and that one can easily get here. However, if you're talking about stuff that parents buy to show off how rich they are, then it's nothing I'm going to miss because I don't play that "keeping up with the Jonses" game.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hello there

Totally agree with you that there is a lot of useless 'stuff' out there and I was not thinking of supplying that as I know how expensive and unnecessary that can be.

Having had a child myself, I know that the basics are easily available here. But during the first year of a child's life, there may be things that you either know of or will read about that you may find useful but are finding it difficult to find.

eg. I had some friends (Norwegian) ask me about the travel blind I had found for my child's nursery. They are really useful during summer months over here and in our case in particular, during any time of year as my child needs the room to be pitch black (something I didn't really think of before the birth but have read now that it can be quite common). They have proved for me to be invaluable as I didn't want the heavy, expensive blinds, couldn't find curtains with thick lining and am not very good at sewing myself - oh, and the towels and DIY version I tried kept falling down!

It may not be everyone's solution or necessity, but it can be for some.

Good luck with your first born!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...